LG acquires Athom

0
83

LG Electronics recently acquired an 80% stake in Athom, a company based in Enschede (Netherlands) that operates in the field of smart home platforms. The agreement includes plans to acquire the remaining 20% within the next three years. This strategic move aims to enhance LG’s connectivity within open smart home ecosystems. The company plans to integrate Athom’s connectivity with the generative AI-enabled LG ThinQ platform. Athom offers the smart home hub Homey, which connects with home appliances and IoT devices, and also proposes cloud subscription services. Its flagship product, Homey Pro, can connect to more than 50,000 devices and supports various connection methods, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, Matter and Thread, making it highly versatile and open. Besides, the Homey App Store offers around 1,000 applications for connecting and controlling home devices from brands such as Philips Hue and IKEA.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here