The Led backlighting has reached the peak


A recent survey by the research company IHS has highlighted that the Led backlighting system has reached the culminating point of its diffusion. As a matter of fact, in 2013 90% of screens for Led TV sets were manufactured with this system, while only the remaining 10% still use the standard Ccfl technology. The Led system has been the protagonist of a fast boom: introduced in 2009, it reached 24% in 2010 and then it achieved 38% in 2011, 71% in 2012 and nowadays 90%. The two major producers of Led components are the South-Korean Seoul Semiconductor and Samsung.