The primary consumer of semiconductors


With a global spending of 154.6 billion US Dollars, China alone consumed 35.2% of semiconductors sold in the world during 2020. In integrated circuits, which constitute the main category with 81.9% of the total, its incidence reaches 41.0%, that is to say 143.4 billion dollars. IC Insights agency estimates that about 60% of these circuits are used in electronic systems intended for export, whereas only the remaining 40% remains in the Country. On the whole, the two most diffused categories are Logic with 26.2% and Memory with 22.8%.